We all know people who are inspiring. But just how does one inspire others? Here are ten simple ways you can inspire people to be their best:
1. Be a good example. People watch what you do more than they listen to what you say. Be someone worth emulating.
2. Care about others. People don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care. Ask questions. Take a genuine interest in people.
3. Encourage Others. Everyone goes through tough times. When you support people and encourage them through these times, you'll be inspiring them to see the best in themselves and in the situation.
4. Be inspired yourself. Look for people, ideas, environments and knowledge that you find inspiring and
5. Share from your own experience. You have more to share than you realize. Mine the rich experiences of your life and share your wisdom from your unique point of view. You may be the only one who can touch someone with your inspiring message.
6. Be vulnerable. Be willing to share your failures as well as your successes. Others will relate to you. They'll
understand that they're not the only ones with challenges.
7. Tell stories. Facts tell and stories sell. They inspire, too. We learn best from parables and we all need to develop our own inspiring stories.
8. Be a good communicator. Increasing your ability to communicate effectively is a critical element for you to
inspire others. Watch how you speak and what you say. Invest in your communication skills.
9. Challenge people. Many of us have had teachers who at times seemed more like tormentors than mentors. They challenged us to do our best, and we were better for it. Practice "carefrontation"--the careful and caring
confrontation of others.
10. Read. It may not follow that all readers are leaders, but certainly all leaders are readers. Stay informed. Share what you read with others. Tell people about books that have inspired you. Share the knowledge.
June 2006 July 2006 July 2007 October 2007 March 2008 April 2008 September 2008 October 2008 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013 January 2014 February 2014 March 2014 May 2014 July 2014 August 2014 September 2014 October 2014 November 2014 December 2014 January 2015 September 2015 October 2015 November 2015 February 2016 March 2016 May 2016 June 2016 July 2016 August 2016 September 2016 October 2016 November 2016 December 2016 March 2017 April 2017 May 2017 June 2017 July 2017 August 2017 September 2017 March 2018 April 2018 May 2018 June 2018 July 2018 September 2018
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]