Our winning entry came from Mr. Kavi Shirodkar (IIT Bombay)
Har samundar mein saahil nahin hota...
Har jahaaz mein missile nahin hota
Agar India mein Mittal aur Ambani na hota
To har gadhe ke paas mobile nahin hota
Check this out.. especially Cures and Remedies for hiccups.. (Hedaki)
What is Hiccup (hiccough) ? (means Hedaki / hichki)
The diaphragm muscles separate the stomach from the chest. If there is any instinctive reduction in those muscles, it is known as hiccups. There is a different and loud breathing sound in case of hiccups than the regular sound. The reason is, in case of hiccups the nerves of the diaphragm makes a jerky movement.
Why do we hiccup and What are its Causes?
The most common causes for hiccups are following; although none of them have been proven strongly as definite reason for hiccup.
1. Kidney problem.
2. Sudden excitement.
3. Infection to lungs.
4. Eating too much.
5. Eating too fast.
6. Stomach disorders.
7. Spicy food.
Cures and remedies for hiccups
1. A very good home remedy for hiccups is peanut butter. You can try one spoon full of that butter if you have hiccups. This peanut butter is especially better and more effective for the children.
2. The most common and popular idea for stopping hiccups is to hold the breath as well as taking deep breath. This is hundred percent natural and physical home remedy for hiccups.
3. If you gargle with water, hiccups might get lessen. This has been using for a long time as a natural remedy for hiccups.
4. Drinking water will reduce the hiccup duration.
5. A mixture of salt and yogurt is very effective against hiccups. To make this home remedy for hiccups, you have to put two spoon of salt in one cup of yogurt.
6. For getting immediate result you can try sucking a crushed ice.
7. If you mix half teaspoon of cardamom fresh powder with two cup of water and boil if for few minutes and then drink it, you will get quick relief from hiccups. This is a very good tip for controlling hiccups.
8. Keeping a small piece of ginger also helps to fight against hiccups.
9. You can try tickling your throat. This natural home remedy for hiccups can be a fast solution.
10. A mixture with mustard seed and ghee can be very helpful. This is one of the most effective cure for hiccups.
11. You can keep a bag full of ice on your diaphragm to cure the hiccups.
12. Laughing loudly or making loud noise can be a solution.
Hoping to keep you people in good spirits by some of the coolest and funny writings...
Thought provoking and funny too :
This happens Somewhere, in India definitely...
A Senior Manager working in an MNC, as usual after lunch goes to the cafeteria for coffee.
He relaxes in canteen. He sees a canteen boy cleaning tables there.
To Kill time he decides to have fun with him.
He calls him.
Senior Manager ��" (Asks canteen boy) : How much do you earn?
Canteen boy smiles…
Senior Manager ��" what are your future plans?
Canteen boy keeps quiet…
Senior Manager ��" where do you see yourself 10 years down the line?
Canteen boy gives a cold stare.
Senior Manager ��" Jab mai Bangalore aaya tha tab mere paas bhi kuch nahi tha…. Aaj mere paas kya nahin hai… [ When i came to Bangalore, i had nothing, but today ... ]
naam hai………., [ I have Name ... ]
shohrat hai………, [ I have fame .. ]
paisa hai………… [ I have money .. ]
tumhare paas kya hai? [ What do you have ? ]
Scroll down to find out his answer
Don't think that he answered like Shashi Kapoor of Deewar ki "Mere paas Maa hain"
Canteen boy ��" Sa'ab mere paas bahut KAAM hai…. [ Sir, i have a lot of work (implies ... i got to get back to work .. unlike you who are wasting time here.),]
Senior Manager leaves the cafeteria silently…….
Trust this is definitely funny and at the same time quite candid...
HAVE A GREAT TIME...
AS REVEALED BY SRI SAIBABA MANDIR (SHIRDI) CHANDRAPUR
Shirdi SAI BABA’s Religion Was Known To No One Including Himself So we have 26 alphabets in English, as given below
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 .
Assigning each alphabet a number in sequence as above, and adding them review the following, and
bring down the total to a single digit and see the result yourself
Hindu S h r e e K r i s h n a 19+8+18+5+5+11+18+9+19+8+14+1=135=9
M u s l i m M o h a m m e d 13+15+8+1+13+13+5+4=72=9
Jain M a h a v i r 13+1+8+1+22+9+18=72=9
Sikh G u r u N a n a k 7+21+18+21+14+1+14+1+11=108=9
Parsi Z a r a t h u s t r a 26+1+18+1+20+8+21+19+20+18+1=153=9
Buddhist G a u t a m 7+1+21+20+1+13=63=9
Christian E s a M e s s i a h 5+19+1+13+5+19+19+9+1+8=99=18=9 Each one ends with number 9
GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS HUMANITY
An Indian found that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere on
the Computer which can be named as "CON". This is
something funny and inexplicable? At Microsoft the whole
Team, couldn't answer why this happened!
TRY IT NOW, IT WILL NOT CREATE A "CON"
For those of you using Windows, do the following:
1.) Open an empty notepad file
2.) Type "Bush hid the facts" (without the
3.) Save it as whatever you want.
4.) Close it, and re-open it.
Noticed the weird bug?
No one can explain!
Again this is something funny and can't be explained?
At Microsoft the whole Team, couldn't answer why this happened!
It was discovered by a Brazilian. Try it out yourself?
Open Microsoft Word and type
=rand (200, 99)
And then press ENTER
And see the magic?..!
Did you know that a flight number from one of the planes that hit one of the two WTC towers on 9/11 was Q33N. In Notepad / WordPad or MS Word, type that flight number i.e. Q33N. Increase the font size to 72. Change the font to Wingdings. ….. u will be amazed by the findings!!!…………………..
June 2006 July 2006 July 2007 October 2007 March 2008 April 2008 September 2008 October 2008 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 September 2013 October 2013 November 2013 December 2013 January 2014 February 2014 March 2014 May 2014 July 2014 August 2014 September 2014 October 2014 November 2014 December 2014 January 2015 September 2015 October 2015 November 2015 February 2016 March 2016 May 2016 June 2016 July 2016 August 2016 September 2016 October 2016 November 2016 December 2016 March 2017 April 2017 May 2017 June 2017 July 2017 August 2017 September 2017 March 2018 April 2018 May 2018 June 2018 July 2018 September 2018 January 2019 March 2019
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]