Little poems & notes created to break the mudane
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Say & Do
“People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.”
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Good times Bad times
"Good times become good memories.
Bad times, become good lessons”
Great Attitude n Great Opportunities
Great attitudes precede great opportunities. Who you are determines what you see
The time is always Right, to do what is Right...
You do your best...God will do the rest...
Saturday, December 18, 2010
સુખી રહેવાના પાંચ ઉપાય
તમારા હ્રદયમાથી તિરસ્કાર ને ટાટા કહી દો.
તમારા મનમાંથી ચિંતાઓને વાળી-ઝુડી ને સાફ કરી દો.
જીવો સાદગીથી. સર્વત્ર, લેવા કરતા આપવાનુ વલણ રાખો!
સર્વત્ર, અપેક્ષાઓ ઓછી જ રાખો.
વીતી ગયેલી ક્ષણોને સુધારી નવી શરુઆતની તક તો કોઇને મળતી નથી.
પણ આ ક્ષણ થી પ્રારંભ કરીને નવો અંત મેળવવાની તક તો દરેક જણ મેળવી શકે છે !
ઇશ્વરે કદી કીધું નથી કે તમને પીડા વગરના દિવસો આપીશ.
દુઃખ નહીં ફક્ત હાસ્ય આપીશ.
વાદળ વિનાનો સૂર્યપ્રકાશ આપીશ.
........પણ એણે એ જરુર કીધું છે કે
તમને પીડા સહન કરવાની તાકાત આપીશ.
રડીને હળવા થવાની રાહત આપીશ.
રસ્તો સુઝે એવો પ્રકાશ આપીશ….
નિરાશાઓ રોડ પર આવતા બમ્પ જેવી હોય છેઃ
તમારી ગતિ થોડીક વાર માટે રુંધાય જરુર છે,
પણ પછી ની સફર માં તો આનંદ મળે જ છે...
માટે બમ્પ પર જ રોકાઇ ના જતા,
આગળ વધતા રહેજો!
જ્યારે જોઇતું હોય એ ના મળે
ત્યારે નિરાંત જીવે બેસીને ખુશ થજો,
કારણ કે ઇશ્વર
તમને કૈંક વધારે સારું આપવાનું પ્લાનીંગ કરી રહ્યા હશે!
સાર-નરસા અનુભવ થાય ત્યારે યાદ રાખજો કે
જીવનની દરેક ઘટના તમને શીખવાડે છે
કે કેવી રીતે જીવનમાં વધુ પ્રસન્નતા મેળવવી...
કે કેવી રીતે દુઃખથી ભાંગી પડવામાંથી બચવું...
કોઇ તમને ચાહે એવી ફરજ પાડવી તો શક્ય નથી.
તમારે તો તમને કોઇ પ્રેમ કરી શકે
એવી વ્યક્તિ બનવાની કોશિશ કરતારહેવાની છે.
માપ્યા વગરનો પ્રેમ કરશો
ત્યારે જ પ્રેમ કેટલો છે એ માપી શકશો !
જેને પ્રેમ આપવો ગમે
અને જેને આપતા હો તેને પણ
તમારા પ્રેમનો પ્રતિસાદ આપવો ગમતો હોય
એવી વ્યક્તિ મળી જાય ત્યારે મોં ધોવા ના જતા!
માનને ખાતર પ્રેમ ગુમાવવા કરતાં
પ્રેમને ખાતર માન ગુમાવવાનું પસંદ કરજો..
પ્રેમ કરવા સંપૂર્ણ પાત્રની રહ જોવા કરતાં
પ્રેમ કરતાં હો એ પાત્રને
સંપૂર્ણ પ્રેમ કરવાના પ્રયત્ન કરજો.
તમને જ્યારે કોઇની સાચી પરવા હોય ત્યારે
તમે નથી જોતા એની ખામીઓ.. તમે એને સ્વીકારી લો છો
નથી માંગતા જવાબો....એના બચાવો ને સ્વીકારી લો છો
નથી શોધતા ભુલો.... એ સુધારવાની મહેનત માં લાગી જાવ છો
જુના મિત્રોને ક્યારેય ગુમાવતા નહીં
એની જગ્યા લઇ શકે એવું કોઇ કદીય મળશે નહીં
મૈત્રી વાઇન જેવી હોય છે...જેટલી જુની એટલી લજ્જત વધુ !
EIGHT CLUES TO HAPPINESS By KHUSHWANT SINGH
Having lived a reasonably contented life, I was musing over what a person should strive for to achieve happiness. I drew up a list of a few essentials which I put forward for the readers' appraisal.
1. First and foremost is GOOD HEALTH. If you do not enjoy good health you can never be happy. Any ailment, however trivial, will deduct from your happiness.
2. Second, A HEALTHY BANK BALANCE. It need not run into crores but should be enough to provide for creature comforts and something to spare for recreation, like eating out, going to the pictures, travelling or going on holidays on the hills or by the sea. Shortage of money can be only demoralizing. Living on credit or borrowing is demeaning and lowers one in one's own eyes.
3. Third, A HOME OF YOUR OWN. Rented premises can never give you the snug feeling of a nest which is yours for keeps that a home provides: if it has a garden space, all the better. Plant your own trees and flowers, see them grow and blossom, cultivate a sense of kinship with them.
4. Fourth, AN UNDERSTANDING COMPANION, be it your spouse or a friend. If there are too many misunderstandings, they will rob you of your peace of mind. It is better to be divorced than to bicker all the time.
5. Fifth, LACK OF ENVY towards those who have done better than you in life; risen higher, made more money, or earned more fame. Envy can be very corroding; avoid comparing yourself with others.
6. Sixth, DO NOT ALLOW OTHER PEOPLE to descend on you for gup-shup. By the time you get rid of them, you will feel exhausted and poisoned by their gossip-mongering.
7. Seventh, CULTIVATE SOME HOBBIES which can bring you a sense of fulfilment, such as gardening, reading, writing, painting, playing or listening to music.
8. Eighth, every morning and evening, devote 15 minutes to INTROSPECTION. In the morning, 10 minutes should be spent on stilling the mind and then five in listing things you have to do that day. In the evening, five minutes to still the mind again, and ten to go over what you had undertaken to do.
Letter from a father to a Son - Some good ideas to adopt to live life !!
Letter from a father to a Son ( Please read word to word) :
I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons
1. Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable, nobody knows how long he lives. Some words are better said early.
2. I am your father, and if I don't tell you these, no one else will.
3. What is written is my own personal experiences that perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches.
Remember the following as you go through life
1. Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I. To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a motive for every move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really likes you. You have to be careful, don't hastily regard him as a real friend.
2. No one is indispensable, nothing in the world that you must possess. Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to go through life when people around you don't want you anymore, or when you lose what/who you love most.
3. Life is short. When you waste your life today, tomorrow you would find that life is leaving you. The earlier you treasure your life, the better you enjoy life.
4. Love is but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one's mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient, time will wash away your aches and sadness. Don't over exaggerate the beauty and sweetness of love, and don't over exaggerate the sadness of falling out of love.
5. A lot of successful people did not receive a good education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life. One can go from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags!
6. I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, either would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a supporter ends when you are grown up. After that, you decide whether you want to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether rich or poor.
7. You honour your words, but don't expect others to be so. You can be good to people, but don't expect people to be good to you. If you don't understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles.
8. I have bought lotteries for umpteen years, but I never strike any prize. That shows if you want to be rich, you have to work hard! There is no free lunch!
9. No matter how much time I have with you, let's treasure the time we have together. We do not know if we would meet again in our next life.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Dr. Kalam - Work Salute
If we salute our duty, then we don't have to Salute anybody,
But if we pollute our duty, then we have to Salute everybody..
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Attempt & Success
Don't Ever Get Tired until you make the last attempt,
And.. Don’t ever make the last attempt until you are successful.
LPG Cylinders expiry date
Have U ever heard about LPG gas cylinder's expiry date....!!
Do you know that there is an expiry date (physical life) for LPG cylinders? Expired Cylinders are not safe for use and may cause accidents. In this regard, please be cautious at the time of accepting any LPG cylinder from the vendor.
Here is how we can check the expiry of LPG cylinders:
On one of three side stems of the cylinder, the expiry date is coded alpha numerically as follows A or B or C or D and some two digit number following this e.g. D06.
The alphabets stand for quarters -
1. A for March (First Qtr),
2. B for June (Second Qtr),
3. C for Sept (Third Qtr),
4. D for December (Fourth Qtr).
The digits stand for the year till it is valid. Hence D06 would mean December qtr of 2006.
Please Return Back the Cylinder that you get with a Expiry Date, they are prone to Leak and other Hazardous accidents ...
The second example with D13 allows the cylinder to be in use until Dec 2013.
Kindly pass this to every one,
and create awareness among ALL
Friends - Chankaya
Golden words by Chankaya
Go to help your friend in problem without invitation and
Don't go to friend in Happiness without invitation
2 tips for filling petrol and diesel
Only buy or *fill up your car or bike during* *early morning, *when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks underground.. The colder the ground, the more dense the fuel. When it gets warmer, petrol expands. So, buying in the afternoon or in the evening, *your liter is not exactly a liter*.. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature play an important role. 1 degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps. Another most important tip is to fill up when your tank is HALF FULL. The reason for this is, the more fuel you have in your tank the less is the air occupying its empty space. Petrol evaporates faster than you can imagine.
*DO SHARE THESE TIPS WITH OTHERS - IT IS IMPORTANT FOR AS MANY PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS, ESPECIALLY IN THE WAKE OF RISING PETROL PRICES.*
Dropped your phone in water? - Here's what to do next.
Accidents happen with phones and water but it doesn't always mean that all hope is lost. Below is a brief guide as to what you should do if your phone has been totally immersed in water.
1. Take the phone out of the water as quickly as possible.
2. Do not attempt to switch it on as this may cause further damage.
3. Remove the battery as quickly as you can, also remove the memory and sim cards.
4. If dropped in fresh water dry it off with a towel. If dropped in salt water rinse it thoroughly with fresh water. I know it sounds crazy getting it wet again but salt can cause a lot of internal damage such as corrosion. Again dry with a towel. You may also want to rinse it if you dropped it in a toilet.
5. Place the phone, battery and it's wet accessories in a plastic container (like a lunch box) and completely cover it with uncooked rice, use plenty of it. Again this sounds crazy but rice has desiccating properties that help draw the water out of the phone. Do not place a lid on the container.
6. Place the container somewhere very warm and dry for at least 3 days. An airing cupboard is often the ideal place.
7. Do not use a hair dryer directly on the phone to speed up the process. Too much heat can cause even more damage.
This isn't guaranteed to work but many people have successfully revived their phones and retrieved their data using this method.
Keep in mind that your phone is on borrowed time after you do this. Make it your first priority to retrieve any data that you would like to keep. It may only work for a few minutes, days, weeks, months or it may even last years.
You should monitor the phone carefully during charging. If it gets very hot the battery may be damaged and should be replaced.
After any exposure to water you no longer have a warranty as water damage is not covered. Any insurance policies on the phone may also be voided unless you are covered for accidental damage.
A more efficient alternative to rice is silica gel. You most likely won't have enough of the stuff to hand when the accident happens but it is good to use. Silica gel can be bought from electronic wholesalers like this example. Thank you to shuntfield for this information.
u can check same on following nokia,s link
Indian government totally online. very useful
All government office related links are available.... Kindly save it......
This section provides you with information and useful links to avail various Citizen Services being provided by the Central & State/UT Governments in India . The list , however , is not exhaustive , as we are committed to adding more and more information about other services for which citizens and other stakeholders need to interact with the Government. Keep visiting this section for new updates !!
* Birth Certificate
* Caste Certificate
* Tribe Certificate
* Domicile Certificate
* Driving Licence
* Marriage Certificate
* Death Certificate
* Search More - How do I
* PAN Card
* TAN Card
* Ration Card
* Inclusion of name in the Electoral Rolls
* Search More - How do I
* With State Employment Exchange
* As Employer
* .IN Domain
* Search More - How do I
* Waiting list status for Central Government Housing
* Status of Stolen Vehicles
* Land Records
* Causelist of Indian Courts
* Court Judgements (JUDIS )
* Daily Court Orders/Case Status
* Acts of Indian Parliament
* Exam Results
* Speed Post Status
* Agricultural Market Prices Online
* Search More - How do I
* Train Tickets Online
* Air Tickets Online
* Income Tax Returns
* Complaint with Central Vigilance Commission (CVC)
* Search More - How do I
* Prime Minister's Relief Fund
* Search More - How do I
* Send Letters Electronically
* Search More - How do I
Recently Added Online Services
* Tamil Nadu: Online application of marriage certificate for persons having registered their marriages
* Tamil Nadu: Online District wise soil Details of Tamil Nadu
* Tamil Nadu: View Water shed Atlas of Tamil Nadu
* Tamil Nadu: E-Pension District Treasury Tirunelveli
* Meghalaya: Search Electoral Roll Online by Name (2008)
* Meghalaya: Search Electoral Roll Online by EPIC number (2008)
* Meghalaya: Search Electoral Roll Online by House number (2008)
* Himachal Pradesh: Revised Pay and Arrears Calculator-Fifth Pay
* Meghalaya: Search Electoral Roll Online by Part number (2008)
* Andhra Pradesh: Online Motor Driving School Information
* Business (External website that opens in a new window)
* Know India
* About the Portal
* Site Map
* Link to Us
* Suggest to a Friend
* Contact Us
* Accessibility Statement
An Excellent example of Cross functional Collaboration.
Read on .....
There was a farmer who grew superior quality, award-winning corn in his farm. Each year, he entered his corn in the state fair where it won honors and Prizes.
One year a newspaper reporter interviewed him and learned something interesting about how he grew his corn.
The reporter discovered that the farmer shared his seed corn with his neighbors.
"How can you afford to share your best seed corn with your neighbors when they are entering corn in competition with you each year?" -The reporter asked.
"Why brother" the farmer replied, "Didn't you know? The wind picks up pollen grains from the ripening corn and swirls it from field to field.
If my neighbors grow inferior, sub-standard and poor quality corn, cross-pollination will steadily degrade the quality of my corn. If I have to grow good corn, I must help my neighbors to grow good corns." The farmer gave a superb insight into the connectedness of life.
His corn cannot improve unless his neighbor's corn also improves. So it is in the other dimensions and areas of life!
Those who choose to be in harmony must help their neighbors and colleagues to be at peace. Those who choose to live well must help others live well.
The value of a life is not measured by how long one lived it is measured by how many lives it touches.
“ Success does not happen in isolation, it is most often a participatory and collective process.”
Thursday, December 09, 2010
The Burnt Biscuit
When I was a kid, my mom liked to make
breakfast food for dinner every now and then.
And I remember one night in particular when she
had made breakfast after a long, hard day at
work. On that evening so long ago, my mom
placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely
burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember
waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad
did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom
and ask me how my day was at school. I don't
remember what I told him that night, but I do
remember watching him smear butter and jelly
on that biscuit and eat every bite! When I got up
from the table that evening, I remember hearing
my mom apologize to my dad for burning the
biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said:
"Honey, I love burned biscuits."
Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night
and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits
burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said,
"Your Momma put in a hard day at work today
and she's real tired. And besides - a little burnt
biscuit never hurt anyone!" Life is full of imperfect
things.....and imperfect people. I'm not the best
at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and
anniversaries just like everyone else. But what
I've learned over the years is that learning to
accept each others faults - and choosing to
celebrate each others differences - is one of the
most important keys to creating a healthy,
growing, and lasting relationship. And that's my
prayer for you today. That you will learn to take
the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life
and lay them at the feet of God. Because in the
end, He's the only One who will be able to give
you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a
deal-breaker! We could extend this to any
relationship. In fact, understanding is the base of
any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parentchild
or brother-sister or friendship! "Don't put the
key to your happiness in someone else's pocket -
keep it in your own." So please pass me a
biscuit, and yes, the burnt one will do just fine
Being on the right side
A man saw a poor boy looking at his beautiful
and expensive car; he offered the boy a drive.
After the drive the boy said: “Your car is so
marvelous, it might be so expensive? How
much does it cost?” The man replied: “I don't
know; my brother has gifted it to me!” The boy
remarked: “Wow so nice of him”. The man
replied: “I know what you are thinking. You also
want to have a brother like him!” The boy
"No, I want to be a brother like him"
The man who did not expect such a reply from
the boy, stood speechless!
A tongue has no bones, but it can break a heart
& also it can be a pillar of building a broken heart..
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Good Karma - Dalia Lama
G o o d Karma G o o d Karm a
T h i s i s a n i ce read in g , b u t sh o rt . E n j o y ! T h i s i s w h at th e D alai L am a h as to say f o r 2010.. All is tak es i s a f ew seco n d s to read an d th in k o v er.
Tak e into account t hat g r eat love and g reat achievements involve g r eat risk .
W h en you lose, don’t lose th e lesson…
F o l l o w t h e t h r ee R ’ s:
R esp ec t f o r S el f ,
R esp ec t f o r O t h er s an d
R esp o n si b i l i t y f o r al l y o u r A c t i o n s.
Remember that not get t i n g w h at y o u w an t i s som et im es a w o n d er f u l st r o k e o f l u c k .
L ear n t h e r u l es so y o u k n ow h ow to b reak th em p ro p erl y .
D o n ’ t l et a l i t t l e d i sp u t e i n j u r e a g r eat r el at i o n sh i p .
W h en y o u r eal i z e y o u ’ v e m ad e a m i st ak e, t ak e im m ed i at e st ep s t o c o r r ec t i t .
S p en d som e t im e alo n e ev ery d ay.
Open your arms to change, but don’t give up your values.
Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
L ive a good , honorable life. Then when you get older and think back , you’ ll be abl e to enjoy it a second time.
A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for you r life.
In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation . Don’ t bring up th e past.
S h ar e y o u r k n o w l ed g e. I t i s a w ay t o ac h i ev e im m o r t al i t y
B e g en t l e w i t h t h e E ar t h.
Once a year , go some place you ’ O n c e a y ear , g o som e p l ac e y o u ’ v e n ev er b een before.
R em em b er t h e b est r el at i o n sh i p i s o n e in w h i ch y o u r lo v e f o r each o th er ex ceed s y o u r n eed f o r each oth er.
Judge your su c c ess b y w h at y o u h ad to g i v e u p in o rd er to g et i t.
Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon .
Architect of Life
People will always throw stones in our path,
Now it depends on us what v make from it, Wall or Bridge,
V are Architect of our Life...
We have to grow from the inside out
None can teach us, none can make us spiritual,
There is no other teacher but our own Soul & Efforts...
Saturday, December 04, 2010
If you cannot love a person whom u see, how can u love God whom u have never seen. So first love your surrounding people than God..
Friday, December 03, 2010
Life touch n share
When u share yourself with others, life begins to find meaning,
The time u touch the hearts of others, it is the moment u truly start living
If we exchange 1 Rupee we both have 1 Rupee. But If we exchange 1 Good thought. We both have 2 good thoughts.
Poor men n Rich men
Poor men walk miles and miles to earn food ...
Rich men walk miles and miles to digest food...
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]