Bhavesh's Tryst

Little poems & notes created to break the mudane

Monday, August 08, 2011

 

Emotional Stories

1) One Bedroom Flat … Written by an Indian software Engineer

As the dream of most parents I had acquired a degree in Software Engineer and joined a company based in USA the land of braves and opportunity. When I arrived in the USA it was as if a dream had come true.

Here at last I was in the place where I wanted to be. I decided I would be staying in this country for about Five years in which time I would have earned enough money to settle down in India.

My father was a government employee and after his retirement, the only asset he could acquire was a decent one bedroom flat. I wanted to do some thing more than him. I started feeling homesick and lonely as the time passed. I used to call home and speak to my parents every week using cheap international phone cards. Two years passed, two years of Burgers at McDonald's and pizzas and discos and 2 years watching the foreign exchange rate getting happy whenever the Rupee value went down.

Finally I decided to get married. Told my parents that I have only 10 days of holidays and everything must be done within these 10 days. I got my ticket booked in the cheapest flight. Was jubilant and was actually enjoying hopping for gifts for all my friends back home. If I miss anyone then there will be talks. After reaching home I spent home one
week going through all the photographs of girls and as the time was getting shorter I was forced to select one candidate.

In-laws told me, to my surprise, that I would have to get married in 2-3 days, as I will not get anymore holidays. After the marriage, it was time to return to USA, after giving some money to my parents and telling the neighbors to look after them, we returned to USA.

My wife enjoyed this country for about two months and then she started feeling lonely. The frequency of calling India increased to twice in a week sometimes 3 times a week. Our savings started diminishing.

After two more years we started to have kids. Two lovely kids, a boy and a girl, were gifted to us by the almighty. Every time I spoke to my parents, they asked me to come to India so that they can see their grand-children.

Every year I decide to go to India But part work part monetary conditions prevented it. Years went by and visiting India was a distant dream. Then suddenly one day I got a message that my parents were seriously sick. I tried but I couldn't get any holidays and thus couldn’t go to India. The next message I got was my parents had passed away and as there was no one to do the last rights the society members had done whatever they could. I was depressed. My parents had passed away without seeing their grand children.

After couple more years passed away, much to my children's dislike and my wife's joy we returned to India to settle down. I started to look for a suitable property, but to my dismay my savings were short and the property prices had gone up during all these years. I had to return to the USA.

My wife refused to come back with me and my children refused to stay in India. My 2 children and I returned to USA after promising my wife I would be back for good after two years.

Time passed by, my daughter decided to get married to an American and my son was happy living in USA I decided that enough  is  enough and wound-up every thing and returned to India I had just enough money to buy a decent 02 bedroom flat in a well-developed locality.

Now I am 60 years old and the only time I go out of the flat is for the routine visit to the nearby temple. My faithful wife has also left me and gone to the holy abode.

Sometimes I wondered was it worth all this? My father, even after staying in India had a house to his name and I too have the same nothing more.

** I lost my parents and children for just ONE EXTRA BEDROOM. **

Looking out from the window I see a lot of children dancing.
This damned cable TV has spoiled our new generation .These children are losing their values and culture because of it. I get occasional cards from my children asking I am alright. Well at least they remember me.

Now perhaps after I die it will be the neighbors again who will be performing my last rights, God Bless them.

** But the question still remains 'was all this worth it? 'I am still searching for an answer................!!!!*


2) A long time ago, there was a huge apple tree. A little boy loved to come and
play around it everyday. He climbed to the tree top, ate the apples, took a
nap under the shadow... He loved the tree and the tree loved to play with
him. Time went by... the little boy had grown up and he no longer played
around the tree everyday.

One day, the boy came back to the tree and he looked sad. "Come and play
with me," the tree asked the boy. "I am no longer a kid, I don't play around
trees anymore."

The boy replied, "I want toys. I need money to buy them."

"Sorry, but I don't have money... but you can pick all my apples and sell
them. So, you will have money."

The boy was so excited. He grabbed all the apples on the tree and left
happily. The boy never came back after he picked the apples. The tree was
sad.

One day, the boy returned and the tree was so excited. "Come and play with
me" the tree said.

"I don't have time to play. I have to work for my family. We need a house
for shelter. Can you help me?"

"Sorry, but I don't have a house. But you can chop off my branches to build
your house."

So the boy cut all the branches of the tree and left happily. The tree was
glad to see him happy but the boy never came back since then. The tree was
again lonely and sad.

One hot summer day, the boy returned and the tree was delighted. "Come and
play with me!" the tree said.

"I am sad and getting old. I want to go sailing to relax myself. Can you
give me a boat?"

"Use my trunk to build your boat. You can sail far away and be happy."

So the boy cut the tree trunk to make a boat. He went sailing and never
showed up for a long time.

Finally, the boy returned after he left for so many years. "Sorry, my boy.
But I don't have anything for you anymore. No more apples for you... " the
tree said.

"I don't have teeth to bite" the boy replied.

"No more trunk for you to climb on"

"I am too old for that now" the boy said.

"I really can't give you anything ... the only thing left is my dying roots"
the tree said with tears.

"I don't need much now, just a place to rest. I am tired after all these
years." The boy replied.

"Good..! Old tree roots is the best place to lean on and rest. Come, Come sit
down with me and rest." The boy sat down and the tree was glad and smiled
with tears . . .


The moral of the story................This is a story of everyone. The tree
is our parent. When we were young, we loved to play with Mom and Dad...

When we grow up; we leave them... only come to them when we need something
or when we are in trouble.

No matter what, parents will always be there and give everything they could
to make you happy.

You may think the boy is cruel to the tree but that's how all (if not all/most of us) of us are treating our parents . . .


3) One kind word can warm three winter months
An 80 year old man was sitting on the sofa in his house along with his 45-year old highly educated son.
Suddenly a crow perched on their window.
The Father asked his Son, "What is this?"
The Son replied "It is a crow".
After a few minutes, the Father asked his Son the 2nd time, "What is this?"
The Son said "Father, I have just now told you "It's a crow".
After a little while, the old Father again asked his Son the 3rd time, "What is this?"
At this time some expression of irritation was felt in the Son's tone when he said to his Father with a rebuff.
"It's a crow, a crow".
A little after, the Father again asked his Son t he 4th time, "What is this?"
This time the Son shouted at his Father, "Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again,
although I have told you so many times 'IT IS A CROW'. Are you not able to understand this?"
A little later the Father went to his room and came back with an old tattered diary, which he had maintained
since his Son was born. On opening a page, he asked his Son to read that page. When the son read it, the
following words were written in the diary: -
"Today my little son aged three was sitting with me on the sofa, when a crow was sitting on the window.
My Son asked me 23 times what it was, and I replied to him all 23 times that it was a Crow.
I hugged him lovingly each time h e asked me the same question again and again for 23 times.
I did not at all feel irritated. I rather felt affection for my innocent child".
While the little child asked him 23 times "What is this", the Father had felt no irritation
in replying to the same question all 23 times and when today the Father asked his Son the same question
just 4 times, the Son felt irritated and annoyed.
So...
If your parents attain old age, do not repulse them or look at them as a burden, but speak to them
a gracious word, be cool, obedient, humble and kind to them. Be considerate to your parents.
>From today say this aloud, "I want to see my parents happy forever. They have cared for me ever since I was
a little child. They have always showered their selfless love on me. They crossed all mountains and valleys
without seeing the storm and heat to make me a person presentable in the society today".
Say a prayer to God, "I will serve my old parents in the BEST way. I will say all good and kind words
to my dear parents, no matter how they behave.
I hope In the Next birth(Rebirth)When I am old, My son U will not be irritated by me ... when the crow perches on my window".

4) A conversation. ...this was narrated by an IAF pilot to IIT students on special seminar for HUMAN RELATION.

My parents left for our native place on Thursday and we went to the airport to see them off. In fact, my father had never traveled by air before, so I just took this opportunity to make him experience the same.
In spite of being asked to book tickets by train, I got them tickets on Jet Airways.

The moment I handed over the tickets to him, he was surprised to see that I had booked them by air. The excitement was very apparent on his face, waiting for the time of travel. Just like a school boy, he was preparing himself on that day and we all went to the airport, right from using the trolley for his luggage, the baggage check-in and asking for window seat and waiting restlessly for the security check-in to happen. He was thoroughly enjoying himself and I, too, was overwhelmed with joy watching him experience all these things.

As they were about to go in for the security check-in, he walked up to me with tears in his eyes and thanked me. He became very emotional and it was not as if I had done something great but the fact that this meant a great deal to him.

When he said thanks, I told him there was no need to thank me. But later, thinking about the entire incident, I looked back at my life. As a child how many dreams our parents have made come true. Without understanding the financial situation, we ask for cricket bats, dresses, toys, outings, etc. Irrespective of their affordability, they have catered to all our needs. Did we ever think about the sacrifices they had to make to accommodate many of our wishes? Did we ever say thanks for all that they have done for us?

Same way, today when it comes to our children, we always think that we should put them in a good school. Regardless of the amount of donation, we will ensure that we will have to give the child the best, theme parks, toys, etc. But we tend to forget that our parents have sacrificed a lot for our sake to see us happy, so it is our responsibility to ensure that their dreams are realized and what they failed to see when they were young, it is our responsibility to ensure that they experience all those and their life is complete.

Many times, when my parents had asked me some questions, I have actually answered back without patience. When my daughter asks me something, I have been very polite in answering. Now I realize how they would have felt at those moments. Let us realize that old age is a second childhood and just as we take care of our children, the same attention and same care need to be given to our parents and elders.

Rather than my dad saying thank you to me, I would want to say sorry for making him wait so long for this small dream. I do realize how much he has sacrificed for my sake and I will do my best to give the best possible attention to all their wishes.

Just because they are old does not mean that they will have to give up everything and keep sacrificing for their grandchildren also. They have wishes, too.

Take good care of Ur parents!

5) Our Parents.....

When you came into this world
They held you in their arms
You thanked them by wailing loudly
When you were 1 yr old
They fed you and bathed you
You thanked them by
Crying all night and keeping them awake
When you were 2 yrs old
They taught you how to walk
You thanked them by
Running away when they called
When you were 3 yrs old
They taught you poems
You thanked them by
Not speaking a word at the school interview
When you were 4 yrs old
They took you out for meals
You thanked them by
Tossing the plate on the floor
When you were 5 yrs old
They bought you crayons
You thanked them by
Spoiling all the drawing room walls
When you were 6 yrs old
They drove you to school bus
You thanked them by crying loudly
"I don't want to go??.."
When you were 7 yrs old
They bought you the best toys they found
You thanked them by saying
"my friend has got better ones!"
When you were 8 yrs old
They bought you a cricket bat
You thanked them by smashing
The neighbor’s window pane
When you were 9 yrs old
They drove you to your friend's B'day Party
You thanked them by jumping out of the car
And not looking back.



When you were 10 yrs old
They paid for your music classes
You thanked them by
Never bothering to practice.
When you were 11 yrs old
They took you to a Hill Station for vacation
You thanked them by complaining
That your friends go abroad
When you were 16 yrs old
They invited your friends home on you B'day
You thanked them by asking them
To stay out and leave you and
your friends alone in the room.
When you were 17 yrs old
They turned up for your School PTA meeting
You thanked them by blaming them
For embarrassing you in front of friends
When you were 18 yrs old
They taught you how to drive
You thanked them by taking the car
At every possible opportunity and
Making them wait up in worry
When you were 19 yrs old
They were expecting important calls
You thanked them by being on the
Phone with friends for hours
When you were 20 yrs old
They wanted to discuss your career with you
You thanked them by saying that
Your plans are different from theirs
When you were 21 yrs old
They gifted you a two wheeler
You thanked them by leaving it at home
And roaming around in friends' cars
When you were 23 yrs old
They arranged for a job for you
You thanked them by complaining all the time
That its not 'your kind of work'
When you were 24 yrs old
They were excited to find a life partner for you
You thanked them by breaking the news
That you already have someone in mind
When you were 25 yrs old
They spent all their savings on your wedding
You thanked them by
Moving to a separate house with your spouse
When you were 30 yrs old
They called up with some advice on your baby
You thanked them by telling them
That things are different from their time "
When you were 35 yrs old
They wished you on your wedding anniversary
You thanked them by going out with your wife
And leaving the kids behind for them to take care
When you were 40 yrs old
They asked you to attend a relatives' wedding
You thanked them by saying
They were really very busy to go
When you were 45 yrs old
They wished to come over and stay with you
You thanked them by saying that your children
Had trouble 'communicating' with them
When you were 50 yrs old
They fell ill and needed your care
You thanked them by making sure
They had signed all 'property papers'
And then one day
They quietly went away
And everything you never did
Came crashing down on your face
We may find it childish and silly
To tell our parents in words that we love them
But can't we take our moments to make sure
They know this someway?????.
There is no substitute for them
Cherish every single second spent in their care
They may not be your best friends
And you may not agree with everything they say
But this is one place you can just close your eyes
And trust blindly that whatever they are saying
Is only for you good ????..
Have different viewpoints from them, But never let it overpower love and respect.
THEY MADE YOU WHAT YOU ARE,
THEY ARE NOT THE ONES TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED,
LOVE THEM MORE THAN YOU LOVE YOURSELF
AND SHOW IT TOO???????
LIFE IS MEANINGLESS WITHOUT THEM???..OUR PARENTS!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

June 2006   July 2006   July 2007   October 2007   March 2008   April 2008   September 2008   October 2008   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   December 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012   August 2012   September 2012   October 2012   November 2012   December 2012   January 2013   February 2013   March 2013   April 2013   May 2013   July 2013   August 2013   September 2013   October 2013   November 2013   December 2013   January 2014   February 2014   March 2014   May 2014   July 2014   August 2014   September 2014   October 2014   November 2014   December 2014   January 2015   September 2015   October 2015   November 2015   February 2016   March 2016   May 2016   June 2016   July 2016   August 2016   September 2016   October 2016   November 2016   December 2016   March 2017   April 2017   May 2017   June 2017   July 2017   August 2017   September 2017   March 2018   April 2018   May 2018   June 2018   July 2018   September 2018   January 2019   March 2019   September 2019  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]